Fork me on GitHub
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: extracting vectorfields

extracting vectorfields 9 years 3 weeks ago #228

• Viertann
Hi,
I am using medInria for processing DTI Data of skeletal musles. It seems to be a powerful and nice tool for that, and I am happy to work with it. But there is one thing I neither found in the manual nor in this forum. Is it possible to extract files which contain a vektorfield describing the fibretrack or the direction of the main eigenvector? And if it is, would you explain how?

kind regards

Olivier
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: extracting vectorfields 9 years 1 week ago #231

• ocommowick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in the answer, I'm not sure to understand fully your question so let me try to answer and don't hesitate to ask again if that didn't help.

You can view tensors in medinria in different ways in the diffusion workspace. One of them is displaying for each pixel a line showing its principal direction (Lines option in the tensor toolbox of that workspace). However, there is no way yet to export a vector field corresponding to this visualization.

As for tractography, we have a nice video tutorial showing how you can do it from the raw diffusion images. Once this is done, you can always export the tractography to a vtk file, using for example the export button in the database interface. One thing that is not available yet but should come in the following versions of medinria is the ability to export fibers filtered using medinria diffusion workspace. We are working on making this possible.

Hope this helps. Best,

Olivier
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds