Fork me on GitHub
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from.

v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 6 years 2 days ago #236

• zebulon
Hello,

In the v2.1 of medInria, orientation controls moved from righ-click to the view properties toolbox, but its ... :sick: in term of time wasting. It is possible to change the source code to add the righ-click in addition of the view properties toolbox ?

Thanks !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 6 years 2 days ago #237

• fvichot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello,

Having the orientation controls moved to the right-side toolbox allows us to use right-click for other interactions, and quite a few people had reported that it took them a while to figure out how to switch orientation when it was "hidden" in a context menu.

I guess we can't please everyone :)

But, if your issue is with productivity, we could probably add a few keyboard shortcuts (like, Ctrl-{1,2,3,4} to switch rapidly between orientations). Would that work ?

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 6 years 2 days ago #238

• zebulon
Thanks for your answer,

Yes a keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl-1-2-3-4 would be perfect ;) .
How can i add this shortcuts ?

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 6 years 2 days ago #239

• fvichot
  • Administrator
You mean by modifying the code, or using the current medInria interface ? Because if it's the latter, it's not possible. As for the former, I wrote a quick patch, available here : github.com/medInria/medInria-public/pull/87 .

It's pretty simple so it will probably be integrated in the 2.1.2 release of medInria, which should come out within the coming weeks.

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 6 years 2 days ago #240

• zebulon
Thanks for your rapidity,

I mean by modifying the code but i don't know how compile this patch (i have tried with cmake really but i'm just a biologist....:blush:), i will wait the 2.1.2 release of medInria.

Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 days ago by zebulon.

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 5 years 10 months ago #264

• fvichot
  • Administrator
Hello,

The latest version of medInria released this week has the aforementioned shortcuts, let us know if that works for you :)

Thanks for the feedback
Florian

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 5 years 10 months ago #265

• zebulon
Hello,

I have seen your medInria released yesterday and i have tried to computed fiber tracking to test your shortcuts but when i load the diffusion gradient file, medInria crash...I don't know if this bug is known or if i am the only personne with this bug...

Thanks

Aurélien

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 5 years 10 months ago #266

• fvichot
  • Administrator
If it crashes now and didn't before, that would be a regression, so it definitely needs to be fixed rapidly. Any chances you could provide your gradient file, and exact steps ?

The easiest way to do so would be to open a bug on our bug tracker : med.inria.fr/redmine/projects/medinria/issues/new

I'll have a look right away, I don't like crashes :)

Thanks !

Re: v2.0 to v2.1:view orientation controls moved from. 5 years 10 months ago #267

• zebulon
Datas and gradients files were the same than before. There is no crash with these datas with medInria 2.1.1.

Ok i report this bug ;)
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds