Fork me on GitHub
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FA Processing

FA Processing 5 years 5 months ago #287

• ekinneyl
Hi,

I have just started using Medinria, and have hit a problem. For one of my data sets, it seems that the FA map created in the Diffusion workspace is incomplete. I have entered the gradient table identically as I have for other animals (I even double checked the gradient matrix for each direction) but the FA map continues to have significant portions missing from the data. This is for control and experimental animals alike. I have attempted to change all the parameters, and even the gradient matrix, but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions as to why the FA (and all the other maps) would be so incomplete? (Like I said, it works fine for a different data set, but not this particular one). Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Eli
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FA Processing 5 years 5 months ago #289

• ocommowick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

I think I understand your problem. It sounds either as a failure of brain mask extraction or something specific to the image (may be a bug in our code, we never know). I would say the best way to get rid of a potential brain masking failure is to deactivate that option and setting the B0 threshold to 0. That way, the estimation will be done on every pixel of the image.

If that still doesn't work, could you send us your data either here or by email to the medinria user feedback list ?

Olivier

FA Processing 5 years 4 months ago #298

• ekinneyl
Hey Olivier,

Thank you for your response, and sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. We have tried setting the B0 threshold to zero, and are still not accurately picking up the signal. I will send an example data set by email to the Medinria user feedback list. Thank you again, and I'll update you once we figure it out.

Sincerely,

Eli
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds